10 Amazing Health & Nutritional Benefits of Pineapple, Nutrition Facts of Pineapple
Pineapple, everyone loves this fruit, it just tastes awesome. The taste, smell everything of pineapple is just fantastic. The fruit looks very beautiful as well. If you gaze at it, it might resemble somebody’s face with hair growing out of it (It’s a joke. But you may try gazing if you want to)! Pineapples originated from the Caribbean and were discovered by Columbus in 1493.
Fresh pineapple flesh is yellow, juicy, sweet and aromatic taste. Pineapple can be stored at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator, wrapped in a plastic bag for 3-5 days. It is best consumed fresh. Canned pineapple loses up to 60% of the vitamins and brome lain molecules decompose. The energy content of 100g of fresh pineapple is 48kcal/202 kJ. Of this, 12% is carbohydrate, 0.1% is fat and 0.5% is protein, pineapple’s nutritional benefits are really amazing! It also contains fiber, vitamin k, vitamin b6, vitamin B1. Manganese is also highly present in pineapple. It is used in many recipes and desserts and pineapple juice is a part of many cocktails. Pineapple has excellent medicinal properties. It is good source of manganese, copper and is extremely rich in vitamin C. So, let’s discuss about the nutritional benefits of pineapple.
Nutritional Benefits of Pineapple:
- Pineapple protects the body from metabolic and dietary acids that causes atherosclerosis, bronchitis, heart diseases associated with diabetes, asthmatic attacks, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and damage bowel cells which may lead to cancer.
- Bromelain is an enzyme in the pineapple and is called the “miraculous enzyme” which helps the digestion process and acts on the degradation of proteins in the body. It is presents in the petals and fruit flesh but it is inactivated by heat. So it is recommended to consume pineapple with your meals, so that the enzymes can be used for the digestion of food.
- Bromelain is really effective which reduces inflammation and swelling in acute sinus disease, sore throats, arthritis, gout and speeding up recovery after injuries and operations. It also prevents blood clotting and thus improves circulation, lowers blood pressure and contributes to the degradation of deposits on the inner walls of the vessels, relaxes the muscles.
- Nutritional benefits of Pineapple are really great! It is used to stimulate appetite, improve digestion, prevent diarrhea, destroys intestinal parasites, help with sunstroke and skin hyper pigmentation caused by aging
- Pineapple is rich in Vitamin C strengthens the collagen matrix as a result it improves our immune system. For the glowing of skin collagen is much required. So nutritional benefits of pineapple can help you in getting glowing skin and also protection from various infections
- Vitamin B1 is also highly present in Pineapple. Vitamin B1 is also named as thiamine. For the production of energy thiamine is required. Thiamine is much essential for nervous system. It helps in building and repairing of nerves
- Pineapple lowers the cholesterol level. As we know pineapple contains fiber and photochemical which protects and reduces the cholesterol
- Pineapple contains acids also, but the good fact is it cleans bacteria from mouth. So one of the nutritional benefits of Pineapple is that it prevents from decaying of tooth
- Pineapple contains a little amount of vitamin A. It has antioxidant property which helps in building the mucus membranes also improves the vision of eye
- Manganese present in Pineapple is good for healing mechanism and it’s a good metabolic and dietary acid scavenger.