iJuice - Passion Fruit Juice Powder
Health Benefits of Passion Fruit
Passion fruit is an exotic purple fruit that can be a healthful addition to a balanced diet. Passion fruit may offer numerous health benefits as it contains high levels of key vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants.
Passion fruit is a flowering tropical vine, known as Passiflora, that grows in warm climates such as South America, Australia, South Africa, and India.
Passion fruit contains a soft pulp and lots of seeds inside a hard rind.
Beyond its distinct flavor, this nutrient-rich, seed-packed fruit is a great source of many vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants and dietary fiber. Passion fruit juice and passion fruit pulp are finding their way into more and more drinks and dishes. With its unique flavor and nutritional benefits, there is a lot to be passionate about when it comes to this tropical fruit.
Many tropical fruit varieties are rich in vitamin C, but passion fruit also brings a host of other vitamins and minerals to the table. The nutrition facts on a single serving size helping of passion fruit will contribute to your USDA-recommended daily value of many different nutrients including:
- vitamin A
- vitamin E
- vitamin K
- vitamin D
- vitamin B6
Inside the hard rind of this tropical fruit resides a host of nutrients that can help with everything from regulating blood pressure to helping to manage blood sugar levels, protecting immune system, and even helping to preserve cognitive function.
There is no official definition of a superfood, but passion fruit definitely packs enough nutritional punch to qualify. In addition to common, but much needed, vitamins like C and A, passion fruit is also a rich source of important minerals like phosphorus and antioxidants to help boost your health.
Free radicals have become the enemy in nutrition circles in recent years. The oxidative stress associated with free radicals has been associated with long-term damage to your blood vessels, brain, digestive tract, and more. The antioxidants that help control the damage caused by free radicals are abundant in many fruits and vegetables, and passion fruit is no exception. This includes vitamins A, C, and E and many other more exotic-sounding compounds that are harder to come by.
Passion fruit contains polyphenols and carotenoids such as cryptoxanthin. These compounds and others found in this tasty fruit have been linked to a wide variety of improved health outcomes. Lowered blood sugar levels, lowered cholesterol, and even lowered rates of heart disease have been linked to consuming the antioxidant compounds found in passion fruit.
- Immune Buster - Passion fruit is a storehouse immunity boosting antioxidants, says the study by Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Florida. It also contains plenty of Vitamin C (30mg per 100g serving), alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin, which can remarkably step up your immunity. These dietary antioxidants neutralize the free-radicals, prevent cell damage, and reduce oxidative stress.
- Good Source of Fiber - Beyond avoiding the discomfort of constipation, proper gut motility can have profound effects on your overall health. When gut can absorb nutrients properly, every system in your body will benefit. According to the American Heart Association, fiber also offers cardiovascular benefits.
- Has a lower glycemic index value - As a relatively low glycemic index food, passion fruit will not cause blood sugar to spike the way some other fruit can.
- Maintains a healthy blood pressured - Passion fruit has alkaloids which maintain the blood pressure low and offer sedative and antispasmodic benefits. The fruit with its high potassium and low sodium profile relaxes the blood vessels and improves blood flow.
- May decrease the risk of cognitive decline - Several nutrients present in Passion fruit, such as potassium, folate, and a variety of antioxidants provide neurological benefits. Folate is linked to reducing the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive decline. Potassium has been linked to promoting blood flow to the brain and enhancing cognition, concentration, and neural activity. Also, Passion fruit contains a fair amount of vitamin B6, the deficiency of which is shown to cause depression and nausea.
- Improves digestive health - Being loaded with dietary fibers – Passion fruit eases out the bowel movements, besides supporting digestion. The fruit is not only rich in fiber but also plenty of water content that is a must for improving digestion. When consumed, it promotes digestion with the help of its enzymes and can provide great relief from many other gastric ailments as a result.
- Promotes restful sleep - It contains medicinal alkaloids and several phytonutrients that serve as powerful sedatives. Regular consumption of Passion fruit is recommended for insomniacs because the alkaloids reduce sleeplessness, restlessness and relieve anxiety. It was also found that the magnesium content of Passion fruit also helps with quality, duration, and tranquility of sleep. Passion fruit also regulates metabolism to reduce the occurrence of sleep disorders.
- Improves insulin sensitivity - Research suggests that a bioactive compound present in Passion fruit seeds could improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of many diseases, including diabetes. In a 2017 study, 39 human subjects (10 overweight men and 9 overweight women with BMI ≥ 25 and 10 non-overweight men and 10 non-overweight women with BMI < 25) were given piceatannol (20 mg/day) or placebo capsules for eight weeks. The analytical results showed a significant reduction in serum insulin levels, heart rate and blood pressure in overweight men.
- May offer relief to Asthma patients - Oral administration of the purple passion fruit peel extract will reduce wheeze and cough besides improving shortness of breath in asthmatic patients, says Dr. Ronald Watson et al. The results showed a significant increase in forced vital capacity in subjects treated with purple passion fruit peel (PFP) extract, the mixture of bioflavonoids. It was also deduced that the bioflavonoids have antiallergic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- May improve the heart's health - Fiber, vitamins C and B6, and potassium are heart protective in nature – Passion fruit contains plenty of these nutrients. The antioxidants in Passion fruit further reduce and clean out the fat deposits along the inner lining of arteries.
- Promotes skin and eye health - Another great reason to include Passion fruit in your diet is that it is a great source of Vitamin A. Hence, it takes care of vision problems that arise due to vitamin A deficiency. The vitamin A in the fruit prevents the risk of cataract, night blindness, and macular degeneration. Furthermore, it is good for boosting skin health by reducing wrinkles. Studies say that Vitamin A is directly involved in the proper functioning of cell membranes. Drink more Passion fruit juice to win compliments for glowing skin.
- Good to keep anemia at bay - Iron makes the major part of hemoglobin, the oxygen-transporting metalloprotein in the red blood cells. When your blood level is low, it usually indicates hemoglobin deficiency called anemia. Passion fruit is rich in iron to increase hemoglobin in the blood. Vitamin C in passion fruit assist with iron absorption.
- May prevent osteoporosis - Consuming Passion fruit can increase bone mineral density and bone strength thanks to its magnesium, calcium, iron phosphorous, potassium and sodium. These minerals are also important for speeding up the recovery of bones. Moreover, they alleviate the symptoms of osteoporosis including pain and inflammation.
- May be cancer protective - Besides genetic factors, free radicals are one of the prominent causes of cancer. Passion fruit contains a high amount of Vitamins A and C, the antioxidant vitamins. They neutralize free radicals and protect from cell damage and cancer.
- The flavonoids in Passion fruit further enhance its potency against various types of cancer. Recent studies have also shown that flavonoids are effective in anticancer therapy.
1/2 lb - 227 grams
45 servings per container
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5 grams)
Suggested Use: Mix 1 scoop (5 grams) with purified/alkaline water, smoothies, dressings, desserts or add to other recipes.
Ingredients: Organic Passion Fruit Juice Powder
This product is 100% natural
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your licensed physician or medical practitioner before using any products, especially if you are taking any drugs or if you are pregnant or nursing. Protect from heat and light. Store out of reach of children.
If you are tired of juicing and clean-up afterward, if juicing is very time consuming, if organic grasses, sprouts, fruit and vegetables are too expensive, we present iJuice - the most concentrated package of fruit and vegetable juice powders on the market, EVER!
Our organic iJuice powders are derived from real vegetables, grasses, fruits and berries and give you real, delicious and refreshing juice, packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
iJuice is also wonderful for cooking, baking, sauces, smoothies or just stirring a little with purified or alkaline water for a delicious glass of refreshing juice.
All of our products are Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO and Do Not contain dairy, preservatives, additives, artificial colors, flavors, fillers, added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
With so many different varieties of juices, we guarantee that you will find a flavor to love and enjoy!
|"Passionfruit is my absolute favorite fruit. I have been searching for the best way to get that flavor and I found iJuice Passion Fruit! I make different concentrations by adding more or less to alkaline water. I also add it to my deserts and shakes. If you like passionfruit, get this! You won't regret it! - Mary M.
|"I love fresh passion fruit smoothies, but the fruit is hard to find sometimes. This is the perfect replacement to have on hand and use during the off season. It tastes surprisingly close. I know about health benefits of Passion Fruit and us it to sleep better and as a good source of antioxidants. Recommend it." - Lorena M.
| "I love passion fruits but can't get them in stores, so finding this powder made me very happy! I love using this iJuice Passion Fruit powder in smoothies or oatmeal from time to time. This powder is an excellent addition for added exotic fruity tartness to homemade ice cream or deserts." -- Niki M.